This ‘sticky’ post is intended for South Woden readers. Scroll down for weekly blog posts.
Subject to the choices of worship leaders, what is in store?
- 12 Nov. Psalm 78. Listen to my teaching; see the post for this psalm published recently. Chorus meet early Sunday.
- 19 Nov. PFAS 123A suggested – draw a copy of the blue book from the SWUC library. Webmaster is away this week and next; (Stephen leads)
- 26 Nov. Psalm 100. (Bruce leads)
- The Old 100th is the traditional approach, TiS59;
- however the next song in TiS 60, for which sung verses are in the TiS music edition, is preferred.
- There are many, many choices in the mix of cultural tastes in PFAS 100A to H in our library.
- Some of the SATB setting by Josquin des Prez would be inspirational if singers are available. We sang it three yers ago!
- 3 Dec. Advent begins with Psalm 80. PFAS 80A ‘Restore us again’ with word-sheet on Dropbox library would fill the bill nicely again. Verse singers volunteer please.
- 10 Dec. Go direct to Psalm 85 and the SWUC Communion chant, adapted.
- 17 Dec. We omit Psalm 126 in favour of a carols and readings service which appropriately includes the Magnificat, led by women and young people. Ladies please note the date.
- 24 Dec. The Magnificat is the Lectionary song on this date. So;
- repeat it, or
- take up Psalm 126 from last week
- Ps 89 is also set, for which TiS 46 by Christopher Willcock is the choice.
- We’ll try for a male voice rendition of another Slavonic Orthodox chant, Psalm 126. Men, note the date.
[Note: No. We are going for Ps 98, Sing a new song! – Ed.]
- The geese are getting fat. More anon…
Singers are needed on many occasions. Rehearsals are @5:00pm on the Saturday before, as usual.