This ‘sticky’ post is intended for South Woden readers.
Scroll down for an important notice at the end of this post.
The year has flown and the Crystal Ball tells me that October is nearly here, which means Year B is coming down the track. So, subject to the choices of worship leaders, what is in store?
- 1 Oct. We start with Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16, and TiS41. As we did on 10 Sep, all sing as a congregational antiphonal; the two sides sing alternating lines.
- 8 Oct. Psalm 19 (‘Let the words of my mouth‘) comes up. TiS 7 is nice with a double tone. But habit prevails; we return to By the rivers of Babylon. Two verse cantors required.
- 15 Oct. Psalm 106. A soloist leads us in PFAS 106A.
- 22 Oct. Psalm 99:4 ‘O mighty God, lover of justice; it was you who created equity’ is the ‘long pole in the tent’ celebrating justice in the Psalter. It’s also the SWUC 50th anniversary. Party! Everett’s refrain in TEP is a good one but, since there are no verse tunes, we follow a local composition on that key verse 4.
- 29 Oct. Hopefully a male voice quartet for an Orthodox Slavonian chant for Psalm 90.
- 5 Nov. Would like to reprise the Psalm 107 setting in PFAS 107C (also in TEP) for three parts. It’s fun.
- 12 Nov. Psalm 78. Maybe TiS 636, or revisit TiS 41 from 1 Oct.
- 19 Nov. PFAS 123A suggested. Webmaster is away this week; leader required
- 26 Nov. Old 100th, perhaps in TiS. Some of the SATB setting by Josquin des Prez if singers are available.
- 3 Dec. Advent begins with Psalm 80. PFAS 80A would fill the bill.
- 10 Dec. Go direct to Psalm 85 and the SWUC Communion chant, adapted.
Singers are needed on many occasions in October; we will recruit singers for Nov/Dec a little later. Rehearsals are @5:00pm on the Saturday before, as usual. Besides a chorus for refrains, we need:
- Cantors for verses on 8, 15, 22 Oct. (REGISTER BELOW PLEASE)
- All on deck for Anniversary 22 Oct.
- Male voice group 22 and 29 Oct.